Monday, March 30, 2020

Advice For My Children: A Beginning

It has been a long while since I posted on my blog. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought that I needed to write some advice to my children so today I begin that journey.

Bishop Desmond Tutu wrote, "Before the world was made, God loved YOU." This is an important statement and I think it boils down everything in the Bible. No matter how bad things are around you, no matter how little you think of yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks or says about you, the Creator of All loves YOU. That makes you a precious being.

We should spend our lives sharing God's love with others, serving them that they too may understand God's love. Our gifts from God are to be used to this end. Some have the gift of listening and conversation, others are visionaries (prophets) or leaders, others declare God's beauty through art, and some serve God cleaning bedpans and mopping floors. All of these are equal in God's sight and all are serving the Lord. 

God loves everyone just as much as God loves YOU. You have no more importance and no less importance to God than anyone else who has ever lived or will ever live. Kings and queens have no move importance to God than YOU. This also means that God loved Mother Theresa, Gandhi, Thomas Merton, Deitrich Bonhoffer, Buddha, Mohammed, Hitler, and Stalin, and Charles Manson just as much as God loves you. You will never look into the eyes of someone God does not value as much as YOU. Remember this in all of your dealings with others.

No comments: